What is a Dressmaker?
"Look on victims of abuse as if what happened to them had happened to you."
Starting your own Society gives you the privilege of being called a Little Black Dress Society “Dressmaker”! We believe that a Dressmaker is held in the highest esteem because she believes and supports our mission of ending the abuse of women and has a desire to help the Little Black Dress Society grow globally. Our Founder, Amanda Graybill says, "It's what we do collectively that will make the bigger impact"
A phone interview with our Founder is required before submitting your registration as a Dressmaker. Please contact us to arrange for your interview.
What Does It Take to Be a Dressmaker?
Inside every woman is a leader waiting to be born! If you believe in our vision then others will follow! This is your opportunity to make a difference by helping to empower women from victim to victory, to help raise up other leaders through your Society and invite your friends, family and coworkers to join you on this awesome and life-changing journey.
Characteristics of a Dressmaker
- She is motivated to lead others with a servant’s heart
- She is passionate about the cause
- She nurtures the vision so members can rally to the cause
- She thinks neither too highly or too lowly of herself
- She emphasizes the contributions of all her Members
- She communicates with her members & the LBD Society Founder in an open, clear, and honest way
- She is not afraid to confront Members who may be harming the cause
- She takes time to rest and refresh
- She respects her Members
- She is continually learning about the cause
As a Dressmaker you have extra responsibilities, but the benefits are excellent, and the rewards for helping raise awareness of abuse go far beyond money or gifts! After you have completed your phone interview with our Founder, just register as a Dressmaker, and soon you will receive your Little Black Dress Society welcome packet with information on how to get started.
"This is a journey with other like-minded women who are passionate about our cause. Women who are filled with compassion because either they know someone or they themselves has been affected. This is not a journey we take lightly but wholeheartedly. There is no rhyme or reason for this epedimic called 'abuse'- it has raised its ugly head for way too long! It is time we take a stand in our LBDs and say, "No more!" I hope that you will join us! This is not just my story but it is your story too. Together we can and will make a difference!" ~Amanda Graybill, Founder
Starting a Society
Soon after you register you will receive an email from LBD Society Founder, Amanda Graybill.
When you invite your friends to join you in the Little Black Dress Society, you can encourage them to join your new Society by filling out the Request a Society form. There are only a few requirements for Membership:
- All Members must be female
- All Members must be at least 18 years old
- All Members must choose a "Giving Level" for Membership which is tax-deductible
- All Members must wear their LBDs at all events where they are representing the Little Black Dress Society
Societies are not limited by numbers. Your Society could be a small group of friends or colleagues, or an entire neighborhood of women. Remember, it's what we do collectively that will make the bigger impact!
Changing the pattern of abuse in women's lives because Abuse is NEVER in Fashion!