Member Terms & Conditions
Member Terms and Conditions
The Little Black Dress Society is a service organization committed to ending the abuse of women. We are a society of women working and playing together to build awareness, to raise funds, and to positively impact the lives of women touched by abuse through inspiring them to Love, Believe, and Dream. LBD Society is proud of its Members who have roles and responsibilities in the larger society, including the business world. Their competence, skills and entrepreneurial talents can provide great value and service to their Societies. To protect the rights and interests of the Little Black Dress Society and its Members, Members’ personal business interests and participation in LBD Society must be kept separate. Members may not use their Membership for personal financial gain or profit. Any money collected pursuant to a Society’s activity may be used to cover Society costs and/or donated to the charity of the Members’ choice. This policy is necessary to protect the name, identity, goodwill, brand, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property of the Little Black Dress Society. It enables the Little Black Dress Society to protect its Members from those who would confuse or deceive for their own personal gain.
Therefore, Members of the Little Black Dress Society must avoid:
- Engaging in negotiations with any third party of behalf of the Little Black Dress Society.
- Using the Little Black Dress Society name to sell or promote any commercial product or service.
- Distributing any type of printed materials in the name of the Little Black Dress Society which has not been supplied or given previous approval by the Little Black Dress Society.
- Using the name of the Little Black Dress Society, the Little Black Dress Society logo, or any other intellectual property belonging to the Little Black Dress Society in conjunction with any unethical, immoral or otherwise inappropriate agencies or affiliations.
- Using information from the website (www.lbdsociety.com) or from any Little Black Dress Society communications to form email spam lists or solicitation lists of any kind, or related to any activity or event.
- Using their Little Black Dress Society affiliation as a means to advertise the sale of commercial products or services.
- Using any of the content of the website on any other website or printed material for any purpose without prior written permission from the Little Black Dress Society.
- Using any other vehicle of communication provided on the website to harass, misinform, mislead or confuse others.
- Violating the Policies of the Little Black Dress Society as stated in this handbook and on the website.
- Presenting their Society as part of an independent organization. A Society must always present itself as a chapter of the Little Black Dress Society. If the Society has a Society website, the Society name indicating its affiliation with the Little Black Dress Society and a link to www.lbdsociety.com must be prominently displayed on the first page, without any “scrolling” necessary.
- Using their Little Black Dress Society affiliation to solicit Membership in an organization which appears to be in direct competition with, or to be an infringement upon the intellectual property of, the Little Black Dress Society.
We respect the privacy of both our Members, and the women to whom we reach out. All dialogue, whether on forums, at Society meetings, or Society gatherings must be kep confidential. Specific details about an abused or formerly abused Society member (including name, location, or contact information) is not to be used on any networking or social networking website (examples include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and blogs). The Little Black Dress Society encourages Members to tell their stories, but these stories must be their own stories, and not another Member's, unless prior written permission has been given.
The Little Black Dress Society reserves all rights to terminate Society and/or Member/Dressmaker status based on a failure to comply with any of all of the above terms and conditions and/or for improprieties which give the appearance of a failure to comply with any of all of the above terms and conditions. Dressmaker fees and/or Membership fees will be forfeited by the offending Society/Member(s) in the case of discontinued Society/Membership service.
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions may result in legal action by the Little Black Dress Society and/or the discontinuance of any or all Little Black Dress Society services. Chapter fees and/or Membership fees will be forfeited by the offending Member(s) in the case of discontinued Membership service.
These terms and conditions are subject to amendment without prior notice.